It’s been reported that Google Maps (find here) is the most popular mobile app in the world, according GlobalWebIndex. This App is used by 54% of the world’s smart phone users (totally about 970 million).
- In the U.S., Facebook tops the charts, by GlobalWebIndex..
- YouTube was third in the world by global usage and second ranked in the U.S.
- Google+ ranked fourth in the world and sixth in the U.S.
- Twitter was ranked fourth in the U.S. and sixth globally (22%).
- Ranked fifth globally was Weixin or WeChat. It’s a Chinese service, used only in China, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Instagram was seventh in the U.S. and tenth in the world,.
- Skype was eighth in the U.S. and seventh globally.
- Cold one:
- First one is Häagen-Dazs Concerto Timer (find here) is available as a free download. It is described as “Just as wine needs to breathe, Häagen-Dazs ice cream needs to soften for a few minutes after you remove your carton from the freezer.”
- A violinist plays a little concerto for you while you are waiting for your ice cream to soften. I have talked many times about Häagen Dazs in my Marketing and Advertising classes.
- Hot one:
- Another app is for Pop Secret popcorn. It was created and helps users microwave the perfect bag of popcorn without burning it. For Perfect Popcorn, find it here).
- One Tuesday night the entire Annenberg building at USC was evacuated because some moron burned a bag of popcorn. What a waste of an hour.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) and 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing. It helps identify marketing problems in a number of areas and helps develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. If the customer is the center of all Marketing, why are the "People," the customers or potential customers missing in the equation? They are part of the Nine P's, right after "Planning." I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- People (Segmentation and Targeting)
- Place (Distribution)
For more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 54 stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC. Here to help. All the best.