To me, it’s about Pope Francis connecting with people and his vow or message of humility. The autos he chooses and the way he's presenting and connecting are making big, positive waves in America and the world.
Some fun facts about the pope:
- First pope to ride around in a small car, in a long time. You may remember the 1981 assassination attempt against Pope John Paul II; after that the pope cars became huge, mammoth, difficult to steer and bulletproof.
- The pope uses the Fiat and a specialized Jeep with open sides. Plus he drives a 1984 Renault 4 around the streets of the Vatican.
- First pontiff to speak before a joint meeting of Congress.
- First pope to canonize a saint on U.S. soil.
- He still used the subway. When he became pope, he rode a bus back to the Vatican hotel.
In Latin, the word "fiat" translates roughly into "let it be done," I remember when it was “fix it again, tony.”
Visit here for more insights and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- It's about Segmentation and Targeting.
- "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix." Almost every diagram includes the four P's with "Consumer" or "People" or "Potential Buyers" in the middle of the circle. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People."
- "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's. Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target this market segment.
- Place (Distribution)
- Eight (8) major, strategic components): The communication element includes personal and non-personal communication activities. Activities that communicate the merits of the overall product, which include:
o Should we promote?
o Look at consistency of message and messaging, especially with and within the different targets/elements/components/parts.o Personal Selling/ Sales Forceo Advertisingo Sales Promotiono Collateral Materialso Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising)o Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Mediao Events and Experiences-o Public Relations
- What should we promote?
- To whom should we promote?
- What economic and discount levels should we offer?
- What form of promotion should we offer? What features?
- How frequent?
- Partners: It is important to partner with firms that have similar corporate philosophies, who have agreed upon objectives and strategies.
- Look at “real” product and service experiences. I place “events and experiences” also under Promotion.o While traditional marketing is based on target audience impressions/ views/ clicks/ exposure, experimental marketing involves engaging with consumers. Enabling consumers and “allowing” them to feel the brand.o The “P” or “Presentation” is the act of presenting any of the different 9P’s© and/or components to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, partners, and/or others.§ They may be symbols or images that represent something; a descriptive or persuasive account (as a sales person of the product or service). Something set forth for the attention of mind.
For more on ideas, concepts and Marketing solutions: Go to LondreMarketing.com and look under “Articles and Resources” and the 9P’s/Nine P’s ©2007. Specifically you will find them detailed at 9P’s/Nine P’s.