While traditional marketing is based on target audience impressions/ views/ clicks/ exposure, experimental marketing involves engaging with consumers. Enabling consumers and “allowing” them to feel the brand. They will with this example feel the movie.
The in theatre chairs shake and move in sync with the on screen movements and plot developments. Watch out for water, wind, cars, the "San Andreas" EARTHQUAKE and more.
In the 9P's of Marketing I define "Presentation:"
- This “P” or “Presentation” is the act of presenting any of the different 9P’s© and/or components to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, partners, and/or others.
Besides movies, look at “real” product and service experiences. I place this example also under “events and experiences,” with eight components in Promotion.
It's tough out there, either with competition or seeing this movie in downtown L.A.
Visit here for more insights and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- People (The movie-going target market and more.)
- It's about Segmentation and Targeting; "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix." Almost every diagram includes the four P's with "Consumer" or "People" or "Potential Buyers" in the middle of the circle. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People."
- "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's. Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target this market segment.
- There are still questions: Can the segments be accessed? Marketing strategies need to be adapted for the different tiers or segments. Instead of viewing the market as a uniform group of customers with similar potential, the firm needs to view them as distinct groups or segments with differing potential.
- Product (would include this 4DX theatre and movie)
- Place (Distribution)
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 50+ stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC. Here to help. All the best.