Couric provides a service and is a "Product" in Marketing. She blends Presentation and Passion in the Nine P's.
Couric is exiting her ABC News deal a year early to move to Yahoo
2. What is the new Yahoo? The worlds of entertainment and the Internet?.
3. Is she part of the new or old media worlds?
Variety wrote on Friday: “This is going to be a real test for Yahoo to see if they can do what they’ve never really done well before: Justify the big bucks that no doubt had to be spent to get Couric with the kind of well-orchestrated promotional assault that will bring eyeballs. The kind of eyeballs that actually come back a second or third time, too.”
Two of the Nine P's are: Presentation and Passion.
- Presentation: The “P” is the act of presenting any of the different 9P’s© to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, and/or partners. They are symbols or images that represent something; a descriptive or persuasive account (as a sales person of the product or service). Something set forth for the attention of mind.
- Passion: Those intense, driving or overmastering feelings, emotions in the marketing, developing, promoting and selling of products or services. Emotional, as distinguished from reason and rational decision-making; A strong liking for or devotion to some activity; deep interest in your partnership/presentation of any of the 9P’s© to any target or partner. Again the viewing audience.
Need business, marketing and advertising insights?
For more, go to ideas, concepts and Marketing solutions at: LondreMarketing.com and look under “Articles and Resources” and the 9P’s/Nine P’s ©2007. Specifically you will find them detailed at 9P’s/Nine P’s.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) and 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing. It helps identify marketing problems in a number of areas and helps develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. If the customer is the center of all Marketing, why are the "People," the customers or potential customers missing in the equation? They are part of the Nine P's, right after "Planning." I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- People (Segmentation and Targeting)
- Place (Distribution): The company’s activities that make the product available, using distribution and trade channels, roles, coverage, assortments, locations, inventory and transportation characteristics and alternatives. Offering the right product at the right PLACE, at the right time, at the right price. Please consider, develop and review store and non-store, e-commerce and “brick and mortar” factors, considerations, objectives, strategies and tactics, including “Partners.”