Let’s start with this. Want to help prepare you or a famly member or associate on interviewing and looking for a job. So the first question is, what do I need and the first question in the interview may be "So, tell me about yourself." Or “Why should we hire you?”
These are frequently asked questions in the interview process and also the best opportunity for you to deliver the most compelling reasons to hire you. And I have over the years prepared and refined my Looking for a Job document, which is under "Jobs" in my resources
Whatever level you are at or stage you are in regarding the interviewing process, please ask yourself that question or questions, right now. "So, tell me about yourself." Or “Why should we hire you?”
I have been a teacher for more than 38 years and teaching 79 semesters at many different MBA programs. Law Schools and on the web.
Over the years, many have inquired about my tips and suggestions for assisting them in preparing for job interviews. Getting a job or a better position.
I have chaired and ran the Advertising Club of Los Angeles Internship program for 25 years. We placed more than 1,695 summer internships in paid jobs. I do not and have not believed in unpaid internships going back to 1983 and earlier. Too many problems for both the student and the companies. The courts have supported our revolutionary ideas of only paid interns, for three decades.
For over a dozen years I have decided to update this Londre Marketing Consultants' document under "Jobs" every year. Plus post it on my website at http://www.LondreMarketing.com, under Articles and Resources.
Visit here for more insights and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- It's about Segmentation and Targeting. You can use "People," and targeting in looking for a job. It helps in networking too
- "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix." Almost every diagram includes the four P's with "Consumer" or "People" or "Potential Buyers" in the middle of the circle. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People."
- "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's. Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target this market segment.
- Place (Distribution)
- Eight (8) major, strategic components: The communication element includes personal and non-personal communication activities. Activities that communicate the merits of the overall product,
- Eight (8) major, strategic components: The communication element includes personal and non-personal communication activities. Activities that communicate the merits of the overall product, which include:
- Personal Selling/ Sales Force
- Sales Promotion
- Collateral Materials
- Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising
- Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Media
- Events and Experiences-
- Public Relations
- Partners: It is important to partner with firms that have similar corporate philosophies, who have agreed upon objectives and strategies.
For more on ideas, concepts and Marketing solutions: Go to londremarketing.com and look under “Articles and Resources” and the 9P’s/Nine P’s ©2007. Specifically you will find them detailed at 9P’s/Nine P’s.