The campaign is designed to help the brand expand its social and email communities and encourage product trial.
Starting today April 28, potential consumers, "users" can share their stories of popcorn and "POP Moments. " An old way and a new way to present popcorn and family time. Involves all of the screen we have, phone, TV, Laptops, and iPads,
It's at UnplugPopConnect.com. Contest participants enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of 100 prize packages.
The agency is Haberman, with Facebook advertising support.
I created the nine P's of Marketing to help solve Marketing problems. One of the 9P's of Marketing is "Presentation."
Look at “real” product and service experiences, like enjoying popcorn.
While traditional marketing is based on target audience circulation/ impressions/ views/clicks/ exposure, experimental marketing involves engaging with consumers. Enabling consumers that allow them to see and feel the brand. Then Jolly Time has involved families.
This “P” or “Presentation” is the act of presenting any of the different 9P’s© and/or components to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, partners, and/or others. They may be symbols or images that represent something; a descriptive or persuasive account (as a sales person of the product or service). Something set forth for the attention of mind.
The Internet changed everything especially in the “Presentation” of the different P’s.
An example or two or three:
- Jolly Time is tying are use of too many screen and the lack of family time.
- In cyberspace there are no fitting rooms or tailors. There are tech limitations of computer monitors. Even if you can scroll over a garment and its product characteristics.its fit, feel, the colors are different. And most times from one monitor or screen to another. This gives a different look to "comparison" shopping. A dress or suit appears to be different colors to different people.
- Aromas sell products and services. Some retail stores, especially in malls use actual smells and scents. More shops are adding odors and aromas.
- Stores have added discreet misters to diffuse the essence of baking and coffee as in Cinnabon, Starbucks and Panera Bread;
- Lush tries to remove their fresh homemade cosmetic scents using an exhaust system, but American Apparel has found that scents are distracting and annoying to shoppers. In corporate PR AA has said it decided not to use scents for in store shoppers.
As a brand manager, it's tough out there. Beware. Visit here for more insights and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- Were talking families.
- People is about looking for Segmentation and Targeting; "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix." Almost every diagram includes the four P's with "Consumer" or "People" or "Potential Buyers" in the middle of the circle. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People."
- "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's. Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target this market segment. There are still questions: Can the segments be accessed? Marketing strategies need to be adapted for the different tiers or segments. Instead of viewing the market as a uniform group of customers with similar potential, the firm needs to view them as distinct groups or segments with differing potential.
- Were talking popcorn here.
- Place (Distribution):
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with many stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC.
Here to help. All the best.