Advertising is just one of the eight components, under "Promotion," in my nine P's of Marketing.
TV is just one of the many parts of advertising which includes social media advertising, newspaper, radio, magazine, outdoor or OOH (Out of home).
What is Promotion, one of the 9P's?
There are eight (8) major, strategic components or communication elements which are personal and non-personal communication activities, under "promotion."
- The activities that communicate the merits of the overall product include:
- Personal Selling/ Sales Force: Sales persons
- Helpful hint: Listen more than you talk. People who listen more, learn more, plus helps you position your service/product/solution or offering.
- Advertising is paid media. There's an expression "It is only creative if the product or service sells." I wanted to add "It is only good media spending if it sells."
- Sales Promotion
- Collateral Materials
- Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising)
- Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Media:
- Events and Experiences
- Public Relations/PR
For more Marketing insights, ideas, concepts and Marketing solutions: Go to Londremarketing.com and look under “Articles and Resources” and the 9P’s/Nine P’s ©2007. Specifically you will find them detailed at 9P’s/Nine P’s or Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.