Simply how much does a Super Bowl ad cost? Super Bowl LVI is on NBC. $6.5M per spot, or $216,667 a second.
Yikes. This if purchased will see a new high water mark for the cost of Super Bowl advertising.
Another Super Bowl Promotional record.
Using my 9P's of Marketing and one of the P's "Promotion," there are numerous ways to spend that money and get more bang for 6,500,000 bucks.
More insights into true Marketing and advertising practices and examples?
What to do with +$6.5 Million? Many options under "promotion," and the 9P's, including adding to your sales force.
Look at the 9P's, and some smart Marketing trivia, including Super Bowl trivia. Visit right here.
Promotion in my 9P's includes eight (8) major, strategic components or communication elements which are personal and non-personal communication activities.
The activities that communicate the merits of the overall product include:
- Personal Selling/ Sales Force: Sales persons
- Listen more than you talk. People who listen more, learn more, plus helps you position your service/product/solution or offering.
- Advertising: There's an expression "It is only creative if the product or service sells." I wanted to add "It is only good media spending if it sells."
- Sales Promotion
- Collateral Materials
- Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising)
- Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Media:
- Events and Experiences
- Public Relations/PR
- Ask is there a better way? A different promotional mix. There has to be a better way.
- To whom should you target and promote? Under "People"/Targeting, target market, audience with media characteristics fall here.
- What should you promote? Strategic copy points.
- Evaluate the eight different elements under Promotion and your brand's practices. That affects media planning.
- What are your costs in dollars and manpower or person power? Ask "Is there a different way or ways to budget?"
- Look at different strategic partners? Their costs?
- You can differentiate with price. Discounting? Special sales? What economic and discount levels should you offer? Look at revenue versus costs.
- What form or combination of promotion should you offer? Features?
- How frequent? Add media planning here.