Remember all of the controversies?
Awards during the commercials. Didn't happen.
No host? Did happen.
In 2019 was an experiment without one and it worked. Pace was better.
Queen with front man Adam Lambert rocked and set the tone.
Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey addressed the chaos and transitioned into the awards.
Plus we got to see Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga in a nuzzling, romantic promotional moment for "A Star is Born."
By the way who will be the biggest advertiser in 2020. ABC, of course.
Visit here for more insights and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People." "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- Planning and Research
- People (Segmentation and Targeting)
- Look and analyze potential, new, existing and repeat customers and users.
- "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix," almost every diagram includes the four P's with Product, Promotion, Place and Price.
- Place "consumer" or "People" or "potential buyers" in the middle of a circle. Find information or data on them.
- Add the other components in the nine P's. In Marketing, from my education, training, research and analysis plus testimony, there needs to be greater focus on the buyer, "customer," or "People," in both planning ad implementation.
- To understand your "People" or market segments, it may utilize many characteristics, including demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics, which may be a vital component or components of the 9P's of Marketing.
- To understand your "People" or market segments, it may utilize many characteristics, including demographics (such as age, family size, family life cycle, gender, income, occupation, education, religion, race, culture, generation, nationality, and social class), geographics, psychographics (buyers are on basis of psychological/personality traits, lifecycle, values), behavioral characteristics (needs and benefits, decision roles, user and usage-related variables, occasions, user status, usage rate buyer-readiness stage, loyalty status, attitude and multiple bases) and technographics (potential buyers may or may not have the software and computer skills. Think employees here too.) which may be a vital component or components of the 9P's of Marketing.
- Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target a market segment or marketing segments.
- Simply it's about Segmentation and Targeting. Add Positioning and you have STP, as a major first step.
- It's the goods and service combination the firm offers to the target market ("People," including variety of product mix, features, branding, designs, packaging, sizes, services, maintenance contracts, warranties and return policies.
- A product (service) is anything that can be offered to a market for attention, acquisition, use or consumption that might satisfy a want or need.
- Partnerships and teams that feel a connection to the work and the purpose are going to speak far more passionately together and to their “people,” and with far more influence.
- Working with others and organizations which take part in an undertaking with another or others, in a business or company with shared risks and profits.
- Also referred to as Alliances.
- With "Partners" and your Marketing efforts, it is vitally important to partner and align with firms that have similar corporate philosophies. Simple but complex and difficult, have agreed upon objectives and strategies.
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 54 stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC.
Here to assist. All the best.