Companies have collected information and data for as long as I have taught marketing.
As a marketing professional, brand manager, client or marketing manager start by connecting the dots about your potential consumers, actual consumers and users.
You want to acquire or find prospects and nurture them with your Marketing variables.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), it gives consumers more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them and the CCPA regulations provide guidance on how to implement the law.
"Sharing" is defined as "sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer's personal information by the business to a third-party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not monetary or other valuable consideration, including transactions between a business and a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising for the benefit of a business in which no money is exchanges.
So what is Cross Content Behavioral Advertising? It is the targeting, and falls under my 9P's of Marketing and specifically "People," of advertising to a consumer based on the consumer's personal information obtained from the consumer's activity across businesses, distinctly-branded websites, applications or services, other than the business, distinctly-branded website, application, or service with which the consumer intentianaly interacts.
One more insight into planning: Experienced marketing professionals know what it takes to research, develop and execute a successful campaign and not just creatively, but also financially.
Under my Nine (9) P's of Marketing, "People" are Prospects, Potential Purchasers, Purchasers and Target Markets. “People” is the concept of attracting, engaging and converting your potential customers or prospects from the beginning of the process to purchase. It’s your set of buyers/purchasers, which is named a “target market;” a set of buyers who share common needs or characteristics that the company decides to serve. Market targeting can be carried out at several different levels.
Marketing research has come to the forefront, as organizations are tapping into customer data and consumer insights not only to better connect with their “People,” target markets/audiences, but also to develop the “right,” winning business strategies.
Need more insights into true Marketing and advertising practices and practical examples? Including smart Marketing trivia? Visit right here.
I am an experienced, senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC.
The Nine P's/9P's of Marketing help identify marketing problems in a number of strategic areas and help develop profitable marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The 9P's are insightful. The nine P's were created for the digital age.
- People (Segmentation and Targeting)
- In my 9P's, I stress that firms need to look and analyze potential, new, existing and repeat customers and users.
- Product and Services
- Place (Distribution)
- Price or Pricing
- There are eight (8) major, strategic components or communication elements which are personal and non-personal communication activities.
- The activities that communicate the merits of the overall product include:
- Personal Selling/ Sales Force: Sales persons
- Listen more than you talk. People who listen more, learn more, plus helps you position your service/product/solution or offering.
- Advertising: You may not know that Google, Facebook and Amazon attract 46 cents of every dollar spent by advertisers. Think about this expression "It is only creative if the product or service sells." I wanted to add "It is only good media spending if it sells."
- Sales Promotion
- Collateral Materials
- Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising)
- Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Media:
- Events and Experiences
- Public Relations/PR
- With inflation at increasing higher levels, we are seeing brick and mortar retailers needing physical traffic to survive. Gas prices at record levels are keeping customers from driving more. One stop shopping is more important than ever.
- The act or acts of strategically presenting any of the different 9P’s© and/or components to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, partners, and/or others.
Presentation aspects may be signs, symbols or images that represent something; a descriptive or persuasive account (as a sales person of the product or service). Something set forth for the attention of mind of your targets ("People") and media audiences.
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 54 stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC.