Well it appears they are, meaning smaller agencies are taking business from bigger agencies and the holding companies. Small agencies are generating more business especially during the pandemic. Why?
If I was using a white board here's what I put on the board.
What does "nimble" mean for a client or an advertising agency? While delivery sales and results, a nimble organization or firm is as one that has the ability to quickly move and effectively respond to the demands of change or competition.
Well it appears smaller marketing and advertising firms are taking business from bigger agencies and the holding companies.
- Faster decision making
- Fewer silos. Silos are a negative. Silos refer to business departments or divisions that operate independently and don't work well together. They sometimes don't want to cooperate and do not want to avoid share information. Limiting.
- Fewer distractions
- They can move things around
- Not beholden to contracts and relationships on production
- Cheaper, or fewer hours needed and not as much overhead
- Less red tape
- Lower cost options
- Direct access to senior management and leadership
- Simply, speedier
- Creativity should come from every department
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising. I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's help identify marketing problems in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's are insightful. In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop plans, strategies and tactics. The Nine P’s include these important components:
- People/Potential and actual customers
- Place (Distribution)
- A small boutique, a small agency or a large holding company they all what to be treated as a partner.
- Under the 9P's "A joint partnership; the joint relationships, partnerships and strategic alliances:
- The relationship existing between two parties; a relationship resembling a legal partnership and usually involving close cooperation between parties having specific and joint rights and responsibilities as a common enterprise. Usually plural or “Partners,” not Partner.
- It is important to partner with firms that have similar corporate philosophies.
- Have agreed upon objectives and strategies.
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 50+ stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC. Here to help. All the best.