It's not about Promotion (their loyalty card program) or the Product (safety issues for food procurement and preparation, two of the 9P's. It's about People. Their own "People," their employees are part of a class-action suit.
Nearly ten thousand employees of Chilpotle have joined a class-action lawsuit which alleges that Chipotle forces its employees to work after punching out on the time clocks.
Even if they are still working, the grill's time clock can punch out employees automatically.
Visit here for more insights into Marketing, Promotional and Advertising strategies and true Marketing and Advertising Trivia.
I am a senior Forensic Marketing Expert, Advertising/Marketing consultant with Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC plus I teach Marketing and Advertising.
I own a copyright for this concept, the Nine P’s/9 P's of Marketing ©2007, which augments the Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion and Place) or the 4P’s by the American Marketing Association, Neil Borden and Jerome McCarthy in the study and practices of Marketing.
The Nine P's/9P's of Marketing help identify marketing problems and opportunities in a number of areas and help develop marketing’s objectives, strategies, tactics and solutions. The Nine P's can be insightful.
In Marketing. the "Customer," or potential customers are king, but are missing as one of the P's, in the 4P's.
I consult and teach using the Marketing concepts and practices of the Nine P's/9P's of Marketing.
In the study and practice of Marketing, Marketing and Brand Managers develop objectives, plans, strategies and tactics.
The Nine P's of Marketing include these important components or elements:
- It's about Segmentation and Targeting. Add Positioning and you have STP.
- "People" or targeting has almost always been left out of the traditional "Marketing Mix." Almost every diagram includes the four P's with "Consumer" or "People" or "Potential Buyers" in the middle of the circle. There needs to be more focus on the "Customer," or "People."
- "People," market segments utilizing demographics, geographics, psychographics, behavioral characteristics and technographics are a vital component of the 9P's of Marketing. Once a target market is chosen, the organization can develop its marketing strategies to target this market segment.
- Product and Services
- Place (Distribution)
- Eight (8) major, strategic components: The communication elements include personal and non-personal communication activities. Activities that communicate the merits of the overall product, which include:
- Personal Selling/ Sales Force
- Sales Promotion
- Collateral Materials
- Direct Marketing (also referred to as Action or Direct Response Advertising
- Interactive/Internet/Web, Digital Media, Social Media
- Events and Experiences-
- Public Relations
- What should you promote? You don't want another subject like labor and employees added to the list of lack of traffic, sales, safety, illness and related issues.
- To whom should you promote? Potential fast food patrons.
- What economic and discount levels should you offer?
- What form of promotion should you offer? Features?
- How frequent?
- It is important to partner with firms that have similar corporate philosophies, who have agreed upon objectives and strategies.
- The “P” or “Presentation” is the act of presenting any of the different 9P’s© and/or components to your customers, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, sales force, marketing intermediaries, clients, employees, partners, and/or others.
- Look at “real” product and service experiences. I place “events and experiences” also under Promotion. While traditional marketing is based on target audience impressions/ views/ clicks/ exposure, experimental marketing involves engaging with consumers. Enabling consumers and “allowing” them to feel the brand.
- Those intense, driving or overmastering feelings, emotions in the planning, developing, pricing, promoting, partnering, selling and overall marketing of products or services.
Or for more fun, marketing strategies/tactics and facts: Go to Marketing Trivia with 38+ stimulating questions and answers at Londre Marketing Consultants, LLC. Here to help. All the best.